Monday, 1 August 2011

I made you a tape..

Hallo!

A nice long and thought out blog today (kind of!), because I finally have a weeks worth of internet access at my house, so I can lounge on my bed and think of all the deep and meaningful things that I write about in this blog... *ignores the last post about pumpy fun*.

One thing before we start - I forgot to mention that the Top 25 Kids Bloggers came to an end and my lovely blog reached an excellent position of.. 27 ;D Okay, so I didn't get into the actual chart but 27 is actually excellent. If you wanna check out the winners (which I think you should) then just click the link above and have a gander!

Now, when I was younger I used to have all the fun of recording the radio onto tapes, because everyone loved a bit of the Sunday Top 40. I used to have a brilliant coca-cola can shaped radio and it had a double tape deck - for those serious about recording from one tape/radio.. onto another ;D And I know some people used to be soppy and record songs to pass onto someone (maybe not so much when I was a youngster.. but I like the thought of it!). So I got thinking about all the mushy/not so mushy/so mushy they make you wanna vomit love songs that I'd like to have on my own mixed tape - just in case some soppy git wants to send me one.

Lizzee's Ultimate Faint with Soppy Happiness Mixed Tape List

1. "Because the Night" - Patti Smith
2. "Leave a Light on For Me" - Belinda Carlisle
3. "Against All Odds" - Phil Collins
4. "Lost in You" - Sugababes
5. "Your Song" - Elton John
6. "Heartbeats" - Joze Gonzalez
7. "I Like It" - Gerry & the Pacemakers
8. "Dream" - The Everly Brothers
9. "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" - Iron & Wine
10. "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" - The Beatles

(And "Mixed Tape" by Jack's Mannequin)

Some may say these are cringe worthy. But I actually love these songs (: Check them out if you've never heard one! Feel free to share your own thoughts on the kind of mixed tape you would like or other romantic gestures you think are great! And also vote on the polls at ther side of the blog.

G'bye beauts.

No comments:

Post a Comment